[Gllug] Encrypted PDF

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Sat Feb 25 00:29:12 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, Richard Jones wrote:

> Does anyone know if it's possible to crack PDF encryption?  Is it a
> non-serious obfuscation like the passwords on Office documents, or is
> it proper encryption?

Try this:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Adobe/Gallery/

If you have that other OS running, Advanced eBook Processor apparently
worked on every PDF my bin man has tried it on, he was telling me just
the other day.  There's a registry hack to insert the key detailed on
the page.

There's other approaches, including patches to xpdf.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because nerds travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

Arguing online is like being in the Special Olympics.
You might win, but you're still retarded.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk