[OT] [Gllug] Migrating Samba servers between domains - the hard way.

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Fri Feb 10 12:14:21 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:03:23PM +0000, Matthew Thompson wrote:
> On 9 Feb 2006, at 09:01, Dani Pardo wrote:
> > 2- It's just not fun.
>
> Actually it is. There's no reason why getting MS software to work
> shouldn't be as much fun as getting OSS to work.

Perhaps you can come round some time and explain why I can't apply any
services packs to my Windows 2000 machine.  After applying the
recommended Microsoft service pack the machine fails to boot (with no
diagnostic) and requires a complete reinstall.  Because of this it's
impossible for me to apply any recent patches to it, which means
instead I'm running it (and the one single bloody Windoze application
I need on top of it) in super-paranoid firewalled-from-our-own-network
no-web-browsing-allowed-on-it mode.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.