[Gllug] DHCPd problem

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 23:37:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:47:09PM +0000, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> OK, trying to do this - but how. My dhcpd init script says this (an
> extract obviously):
>
> INTERFACES="eth0"
>
> So I don't see why it is binding to ra0 and this worked fine when I had
> an eth0 and eth1 - it looks like a bug to me, though I confess I am not
> au fait enough with the Debian/Ubuntu model of these things to be sure.

You're running the daemon directly, bypassing the init script...

The alternative is to put an appropriate subnet declaration into your
dhcpd.conf and include the following two lines:

not authoritative;
deny booting;

Although it would be better for dhcpd to just not be bound to the
interface in the first place, which you can do by using the init script
provided by your distribution.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk