[Gllug] just a quick question

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sat Feb 11 11:09:51 UTC 2006

Tethys wrote:
> It's all a matter of perspective. For me, sendmail is in the "you can
> do everything, and you're easier to configure than people make you out
> to be" category. It's still my MTA of choice (although to be honest, I
> haven't looked at the alternatives in a while, because sendmail already
> gives me everything I need).

Which is fair enough.

I used to use sendmail and then I started needing to do some fairly
complicated things and sendmail proved just way too finicky to be able
to do them, for me at least.

Then I discovered exim, which has made one of the most outrageously
complicated mail systems I've ever need to deal with utterly trivial to
implement.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk