[Gllug] just a quick question

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 18:42:26 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 09:46 +0000, Tethys wrote:
> "Martin A. Brooks" writes:
>
> >It eludes me why you're teaching yourself sendmail :)
> >
> >sendmail is in the pile of stuff marked "you were great once, but we
> >grew up, and you didn't".
>
> It's all a matter of perspective. For me, sendmail is in the "you can
> do everything, and you're easier to configure than people make you out
> to be" category. It's still my MTA of choice (although to be honest, I
> haven't looked at the alternatives in a while, because sendmail already
> gives me everything I need).

I'd second that. Sendmail might not be in the "Just Works" category, but
it does work and the availability of the spamassassin and clamav milters
make a huge difference to my experience of email once I'd given up just
using my ISP's SMTP/POP3 services and implemented my own mailserver
(though I am still using the ISP as a smarthost).

YMMV and all that, but It Works For Me.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk