[Gllug] just a quick question

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 12:22:29 UTC 2006

Ian Northeast writes:

>Perl has been a standard component of AIX for about 7 years and, IIRC,
>of Solaris for about the same (I don't have any old Solaris
>installations, it's certainly there in 9). I'd be very surprised if it
>hasn't been in HP/UX for a similar time.

It depends on how you define "standard". It's not in the core build of
Solaris, and although it's in one of the optional extra package sets,
no one in their right mind would do a full install on a production box.
Hence no perl. I do the same for production Linux boxen, too, but they
tend to include perl in the base install as a rule.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk