[Gllug] UPS & line filtering

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 11:57:11 UTC 2006

I am no electrical expert,  but as far as I am aware all 'commercial' UPSs
include protection against spikes and bown-outs as well as straight-forward
loss of supply.  Home UPS design I guess will be somewhat less rugged, given
the cheap price.   However, I would also guess that severe spikes are much less
common in a domestic situation than in a commercial one, since the spikes
(I presume) are generated by large inductive loads being switched on/off nearby.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk