Fw: [Gllug] just a quick question

paul paul at thinksolution.net
Mon Feb 13 15:43:57 UTC 2006

> Garbage. But perhaps I've misunderstood your emphasis...

I'm not gonna take part in this thread anymore cuz I'm bored but just to
say:
It's not garbage, you  failed to grasp the meaning. The emphasis is placed
upon a word, and/or a clause within a sentence; and that clause gives the
emphasised
meaning. The meaning is ambiguous without punctuation.
With punctuation you emphasise the meaning you intend. It's a matter of
style as to
HOW you emphasise things, but a matter of content as to WHAT you emphasise.
Both are subjective matters, but it's only of concern to the writer if the
meaning is
misinterpreted. If the writer is using acceptable grammar then the reader is
the problem.
I can only tell you to read Death Of An Anarchist, by Dario Defoe. It's a
play,
based on a true story about how the italian police killed an anarchist
because
of what he had written. Punctuation is clearly a subjective matter is what
Defoe shows
in one part of the play.