[Gllug] paypal : good/bad ?

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:02:36 UTC 2006

On 02/01/06, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> My kids want to buy some memory for their phones/e-toys (Sony Memory Stick
> Duo 2 GB Card).
>
> They have found somewhere on ebay selling what they need at a good price,
> the people want paypay payment.
> They (tech_google: L&T Technology products) are based in the USA with an
> ebay rating of 98.7% (on 6462 feedbacks).
>
> I must admit to being naive at ebay & generally distrustful of
> retailers/... that I can't touch,
> I am concerned about paypay (google 'paypal problems'), but how real are
> they .... anyone have any real problems ?
> It took ages to read the ebay agreements, the paypal ones are just as long
> :-(

Paypal is probably more secure than any other method of paying e-bay
customers and others it is supported by World-Pay (Natwest)
The only problem is that they charge you if you take money out of the system
but if all your using it for is to transfer money (like a credit card) it
works out a bit like a credit card but for Internet purchases from non
companies its ideal. Plus if you pay for something and the goods fail to
show palpay will retrieve your money at your request.

If you want to become a verified user they do actually give you money.

Peter

Comments ?