[Gllug] paypal : good/bad ?

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Mon Jan 2 18:10:26 UTC 2006

Alain Williams writes:

>I am concerned about paypay (google 'paypal problems'), but how real are they
>.... anyone have any real problems ?

I would say you're fine if all you're doing is paying for goods. If
nothing else, it'll be backed by a credit card, which will give you
suitable cover should anything go wrong anyway. I'd be wary about
accepting paypal for anything other than trivial amounts of money.
Last time I looked, they weren't a bank, and hence were unregulated.
That's fine until it goes wrong, and you find that all of the consumer
protection laws don't apply...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk