[Gllug] Network setup and Debian

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 17:45:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 05:50:15PM +0100, Dani Pardo wrote:
> 	Hi, it might be a lame question but..
>   Is there any way of configuring the network under debian, other than
> editing /etc/network files? I mean some kind of apt* or deb*

Have a look at the etherconf package:
  "Etherconf is a debconf-based interface for configuring Ethernet devices
  on your system.  It supports both manual and DHCP-based configurations."

To change settings later you just need to run:
  /usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure etherconf

| A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion |
| Q. Why is top posting bad ?                             |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk