[Gllug] text based rss reader

Wulf Forrester-Barker wulf.forrester-barker at nhs.net
Thu Jan 19 13:08:12 UTC 2006

Apologies for not paying enough attention to remember the original
question. However, I just wanted to chip in an observation that those
accessing the same news sources from multiple machines may find an
online aggregator to be the best choice.

I've tried LifeRea and the RSS options built into Firefox and
Thunderbird in the past but have tried several web-based options (*) and
have recently discovered Rojo (**), which has been working very well. It
gives lots of options around marking posts read or unread, flagging
articles for later retrieval and tagging feeds so you can easily skim
them by your choice of categories. Being an online service means you
don't end up getting presented with the same items again and again as
you move between machines.

I know it's not as hardcore as keeping on top of things with Emacs but
could be handy if you move between several computers with reliable, fast
net connections.

Wulf

(*) http://www.bloglines.com/
     http://www.google.com/reader/