[Gllug] D-Link/Linux

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 15:43:54 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:38:33PM +0000, John Edwards wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:08:47PM +0000, Mick Farmer wrote:
> > Dear GLLUGers,
> >
> > Someone recently posted details of how to access the Linux
> > OS implementing a D-Link ADSL modem/router.  Can anyone send
> > me a copy of that posting?
>
> I never saw that post, but the usual way to login to the 604
> family is to telnet to the router and login as root with the
> password being the same as the admin user on the web interface.

Just tried that ... it just drops the connection after I enter the password.
It is something that I would like to do as well, I may regret it if I screw something
but Sir Edmund Hillary's quote about 'why Everest' comes to mind :-)

(BTW: I have a D-Link DSL-604+)

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.