[Gllug] Synchronising Firefox bookmarks

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Jan 26 09:50:37 UTC 2006

On 26/1/2006, "Dan Stevens (IAmAI)" <dan.stevens.iamai at gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm wondering if anyone can advice on a method of synchronising
>bookmarks of a Windows instance and a Linux instance of Firefox over a
>network, so that any additions/modifications to either bookmarks are
>eventually merged. I suppose an alternative is a single
>'bookmarks.html' file is used and accessed oveer the network. Can
>anyone suggest how I could configure Firefox to use a file on a
>network as a bookmarks file?

Something I've wanted for ages, and finally found it with del.icio.us.
del.icio.us, in case you've been living under a rock, is a "social
bookmarking" system.  You can save your personal bookmarks and assign
them tags to define them.

Next comes Foxylicious, a Firefox Extension that imports your del.icio.us
bookmarks into the Firefox bookmarks, organized according to your tags.
It's very cool.

http://del.icio.us/
http://dietrich.ganx4.com/foxylicious/

--