[Gllug] trashman - a trash management utility for Linux filesystem

john levin john at technolalia.org
Mon Jan 30 12:05:37 UTC 2006

Dan Stevens (IAmAI) wrote:
>>First of all, Ubuntu does in fact have a wastebasket, which is used by
>>desktop applications.  The files get moved first into a hidden
>>directory called '~/.Trash' and you can add a waste bin to your panel
>>which allows you to monitor and empty this place.
>

> I can't say I've noticed this; I shall have to look into it.

By default, on Ubuntu, the trash icon is in the bottom right hand
corner, on the toolbar. If you're running the Dapper previews, well,
there's been some breakage with gnome, and currently, it doesn't show up
on my testing box.

Kubuntu, I can't remember, but I think it's the same, on the bottom bar.

HTH

John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk