[Gllug] New IT dept-based sitcom

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Jan 13 15:37:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 01:00 +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:

> Though in the living room/bedroom I'd want something small, very quiet
> and unobtrusive whirring away, which is what I assume you need to pull
> the files off the server stuffed in the loft/spare bedroom etc.

In the local Co-op I saw a four inch LCD screen, which was intended for
use in the car. Totally illegal of course to use it in the front seats
in view of the driver when the car is moving, but that won't stop a lot
of idiots these days.
Anyway, you could rig up a wireless TV extender and use this in another
room of the house.
Or if you have the budget how about a Nokia 770 tablet, which runs
Linux? Use VLC   www.videolan.org to attach to your server.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk