[Gllug] ftp syncing

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Tue Jan 17 15:44:01 UTC 2006

Does anyone know of a decent ftp syncing package or script?

I have need to sync images from within four or five folders locally to an
ftp-access only server. The list of files that need to be synced is contained
in a text catalogue that is supposed to accompany the images which has to be
fed to awk for the stock nos.

I've looked at a couple of utilities on the web, ftpsync most notably, but
nothing seems to quite fit what I need to do:

for stockno in cat:
  find out whether the corresponding image is on the server, if not copy it
  across

I could probably put together some ghastly script to achieve this but I'm
wondering if there isn't a better way or utility to achieve this.

Thanks for any suggestions
Craig

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk