[Gllug] Recommendation for wireless adapters?

Qingning Huo qingninghuo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 23:03:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

Can anybody recommend a 802.11G wireless adapter, which is easy to
config for Linux?
I have never used wireless before, so I am not sure what the current
status of wireless hardware support on Linux.

It's for my laptop (IBM X20), so the options are PCMCIA or USB.  I
don't think this laptop can support USB 2.0.  So using USB will limit
the speed to 12M.  I guess thta's one pro for PCMCIA.

In terms of Linux support, easy to config, reliability and price,
which option is better?  And please recomment some specific model,
chipset you are satisfied with.

I use Debian unstable, linux 2.6.12, if that matters.

Regards,

Qingning
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk