[Gllug] The IT crowd

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Jan 29 20:21:23 UTC 2006

Congrats on making "the IT crowd" available online.  I'll be watching
it again on Friday and looking forward to the next episodes.

Unfortunately the file you've put online is in a heavily proprietary,
undocumented and patented Microsoft-only format which the geeky IT
characters in the series themselves wouldn't be able to view.

Can I suggest that for extra credibility, you use an open, unpatented
format such as Dirac [1] or Ogg Theora [2]?  If you can't use those,
then simple MPEG2 [3], while patented, is at least usable on all sorts
of exotic hardware and operating systems that your nerdish characters
use.

Rich.

[1] http://dirac.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://www.theora.org/