[Gllug] Linux MAPI client

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 03:15:29 UTC 2006

Simon Morris writes:

>I don't want to go ahead and say there aren't any for Linux but I've
>never seen or heard of a  proper MAPI implementation before. MAPI is
>fairly entrenched in Windows as far as I know

IIRC, MAPI is, as the name would suggest, merely an API. An implementation
of MAPI under Linux would do you no good whatsoever. What you need is
something that implements the Exchange wire protocol. There are currently
no free solutions that do this. Luke Leighton is currently the only one
that I'm aware of that's working on reverse engineering that protocol,
and he has made some progress. It's still some way from being able to
code up a suitable free implementation, though.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk