[Gllug] iPodLinux

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jan 18 16:28:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 03:51:17PM +0000, Simon Morris wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> >On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 03:09:35PM +0000, Gerard van Schip wrote:
> > > If it takes electricity you can bet someone is trying to stick Linux
> >on it.
> >
> >Come on we can do better than that.
> >
> >How about a robotic fish?
> >
> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4313266.stm
> >

> I see you your robotic fish and I raise you a dead frog with an embedded
> webserver
>
> http://www.conceptlab.com/frog/

What about Linux running on a $100 handheld controlling an AIBO?

http://www.aibohack.com/zipit/aibo.htm
http://www.aibohack.com/zipit/index.html

The AIBO itself sadly isn't running Linux, but it's not running its
normal "OS" either.

I'm tempted to wonder what is the _largest_ thing running Linux, and
I'm not talking just about supercomputers with lots of nodes
either.  I'm sure someone must have put Linux on a giant robot or a
steam-powered analogue computer or something by now.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk