[Gllug] Hacker Attack, and a wild aside about version-controlled filesystems

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Jan 30 02:34:52 UTC 2006

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, ccooke announced authoritatively:
> Okay, c is the value of the cell we care about. c defaults to ' ' (so, an
> empty cell). q contains the state of c last tick. z is the total number of
> occupied cells around c. If z is 2, then c becomes 1 (birth). If z is 3, c
> is reset to q (so, if it was occupied, it remain occupied. Otherwise, it
> remains empty. For any other value of z, c becomes empty (since nothing
> stops it from being the default of ' ').

That's quite ingenious, and I think you may need psychiatric help. I
hear there's a special branch of psychiatry dealing with IOCCC contest
winners...

;PPPPP

--
`I won't make a secret of the fact that your statement/question
 sent a wave of shock and horror through us.' --- David Anderson
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk