[Gllug] Internet connections

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 12:06:34 UTC 2006

On Thu 12 Jan, t.clarke wrote:

> > the occasional Thames Bores does happen
>

> Yep
> I contribute occasionally to the user group list  !! hehe
>

> Tim
>

> (work right on the Thames here at Northfleet)

   Some years ago, there was extensive flooding, especially around the river
Wey, and this was expected to be combined with a Thames Bore caused by
unusually high spring tides and gales from the east. Our outside broadcast
unit, the oldest available at the time, was parked alongside one of the
Thames locks in the area to observe the event. The water did rise about a
foot above ground level, but we just had enough ground clearance to survive.
   The Wey is well upstream of the normal high tide limit at Teddington.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk