[Gllug] Linux MAPI client

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 00:39:19 UTC 2006

On 08/01/06, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
> Russell Howe wrote:
> > Sure, but nobody has (yet) to my knowledge integrated one into
> > Thunderbird. Probably not overly hard, but still, it's not been done.
>
> I'm not sure we should encourage its usage.  I find replying "Please
> resend this information in a non-proprietry format" is effective.

This is one case where being in a company with two sites, each using a
*different* nasty proprietary platform, is quite nice - they *have to*
use reasonably open standards to talk to each other!

For the record, once site uses Domino/Notes, while the other uses
Exchange/Outlook - and the Notes users complained loudly enough about
TNEF attachments that I managed to educate the (important) Outlook
users, and the Exchange admin, as to why TNEF was evil and undesirable
:-)

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk