[Gllug] squid, load balancing

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Jan 16 16:23:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:54:55AM +0000, Chris wrote:

>    I have not checked again, but I think that BIND9 can do round-robin DNS
> allocations, so that you can add webservers as needed.

DNS round robin is an extremely crude and unreliable form of
load-balancing.  It's acceptable for SMTP traffic, where immediate
delivery is not necessary and clients are capable of backing off and
trying another candidate.  It doesn't really work for websites.

--
Bruce

I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.