[Gllug] text based rss reader

Holger Duerer hduerer at gmx.net
Wed Jan 18 16:20:39 UTC 2006

    Ben> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 02:24:54PM +0000, Holger Duerer wrote:
    >>
    >> BTW:  AFAIK gnus supports rss as well, i.e. you could have your
    >> NNTP sources together with your RSS sources (and of course
    >> email as well) in one common (text-based) interface.

    Ben> good news. now a lazy question: before I install this, can I
    Ben> flag rss items for later reading (not just marking as
    Ben> unread).

I use 'u' (gnus-summary-tick-article-forward) to mark articles, i.e
there is only one type of flag.

I assume the rss backend will also eventually expire articles, so you
may also want to copy them into the cache (bound to '*' key --
gnus-cache-enter-article).

However from your question ("Can I ...?" instead of "How can I ...?")
I deduce that you are not aware that Gnus is part of Emacs.  You may
want to consider whether learning Emacs and Gnus is worth your effort
just to read RSS feeds.  (Not that I would want to discourage anybody
from finding the way to enlightenment.)

        Holger
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk