[Gllug] paypal : good/bad ?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jan 4 12:49:22 UTC 2006

I just made two donations to wikipedia, one through MoneyBookers and
one through Paypal.  The MoneyBookers one actually took me about a
week to complete, because of their daft authentication system for
credit cards.  And it's impossible with MB to send a specific amount
of money, without trying to second guess the fee.  As a result I've
now got 60p left in the MB account which I'll never see again ...
Anyway, Paypal was considerably simpler, which is why despite their
higher rates and other dubious business practices, they're winning.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk