[Gllug] OT - What really happened on 9/11 ?

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 21:51:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:27:17 +0100 "M.Blackmore" <mblackmore at oxlug.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 09:09 +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> > I had previously seen arguments that the attack on the Pentagon was
> > faked, but this is far more disturbing:
> >
> > 	http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6545313046180631815&q=alex+jones
>
> I wouldn't put anything past the neo-cons, personally, who I and many
> other long term observers of governments and politicians (up close and
> personal over many years in a previous incarnation) consider pretty
> much psychopathic personality profiles (if you find the old concept
> of "evil" a bit passe).

I too will believe much of the neo-cons, but not that they faked the
attack on the Twin Towers, for the simple reason that, had they faked
the attack, they would have made the Bad Guys someone they wanted to
have a war with (eg the Iraqis). Bush spent 10th September
unsuccessfully trying to get people to "prove" that it was Saddam
Hussein that was behind the attack.

In the end, Bush had to rely on vague allegations and innuendo. Large
numbers of Americans bought it, and US tanks rolled in Baghdad with
slogans like "We remember 9/11" scrawled on their gun barrels.

But don't you think, if the Bush administration had organised the 9/11
attacks, they'd have put Saddam Hussein in the frame right away?

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk