[Gllug] [rant] Dear Linux Kernel Release Team....

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jul 29 00:10:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Adrian McMenamin moaned:
> I know it's trite, but you have the source - make a patch and post it to
> lkml

There's no need, it's already been patched and is in the stable pending
git tree. The author tested one tree and then fat-fingered and generated
the diff against an entirely different one :/

(And, no, in general finding does-not-compile bugs before release is
impossible: there's a classic exponential explosion of config options,
and there are so many of them that the space to search is vast. Sure,
*this* one would have been spotted with allyesconfig...)

--
`We're sysadmins. We deal with the inconceivable so often I can clearly
 see the need to define levels of inconceivability.' --- Rik Steenwinkel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk