[Gllug] Why doesn't Etch auto-mount NFS drives (sometimes)?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Jul 28 19:38:09 UTC 2006

I've recently installed three new Etch workstations.  Each has the line:

nfshome:/home /home nfs defaults 0 0

in /etc/fstab.  On one of them, this results in the mount happening
automatically at boot time, but on the other two it doesn't and I can't
see why.  On those two I have to log in as root and type "mount -a" each
time the system is booted.

I've checked all the log files I can think of and can find no reference
to any nfs mounts in any of them - neither on the one which works nor on
the two which don't.

Anyone any idea why Etch is failing to do the mount, or where I could
find out what the problem is?

Each of the workstations was previously running Sarge (where the mounts
worked fine) but they've each had a clean installation of Etch (because
AFAICS "apt-get dist-upgrade" doesn't work going from Sarge to Etch).

TIA,
John

--
John Winters, Wallingford, Oxon, England
i = (free (NULL); i++);

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk