[Gllug] Getting Microsoft off a Dell purchase - anyone done this?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Jul 7 08:25:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Alain Williams wrote:

> > Well, if you haven't accepted the terms of the license, then you have
> > *no agreement with Microsoft*.
> > Therefore, they (Microsoft) have no legal way to stop you selling your
> > license to some third party.
>
> But it may be illegal (or probably contrary to the MS agreement) for someone
> to then use it. The version that comes with hardware is an OEM version
> that is (often) linked to some particular h/ware.

So sell it with an old piece of hardware you have lying around?

I know someone who used to do that however I think it's now forbidden
under the terms of the OEM license. Of course if you have not accepted the
license you are not bound by that. :)

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk