[Gllug] Getting Microsoft off a Dell purchase - anyone done this?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Jul 7 16:27:16 UTC 2006

Interesting that on the day we're discussing whether it is legal to sell
on a MS license a UK court finds in Microsoft's favour on a case which had
that as a central arguement of the defence.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/07/illegal_ms_software_trader_sued/

If the courts are going to follow the usual reasonableness rule I'd expect
them to hold that any company supplying licenses under the terms which
specify you can reject the license and obtain a refund from the reseller
must honour that term.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk