[Gllug] Wanted - some bluetooth pointers

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Jul 5 16:44:34 UTC 2006

I'm still playing with a bluetooth adaptor connected to my Linux (Debian
testing) PC and trying to get it talking to my phone.  I seem to have
made some progress, in that they both talk to each other and I've even
managed to get them paired, but now they can't find anything to talk
about.

How, having got the two devices to agree to talk to each other, does one
go about actually transferring files?  I've got some good stuff from:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_mobile_phone,_Bluetooth_and_GNOME

but it expects you to have something called gnome-bluetooth-admin, or be
able to type "bluetooth:///" into Nautilus, neither of which seems to be
appropriate under Etch.

What sort of tools should I be attempting to use to transfer files
between PC and phone?  Is there a decent primer *anywhere* on the basic
concepts of bluetooth communications?  I've done an awful lot of Google
searching but none of the pages which I've found seems to cover the
basics.

TIA,
John

--
John Winters, Wallingford, Oxon, England
i = (free (NULL); i++);

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk