[Gllug] ADSL router/firewall/wireless/modem recommendations

Branden Faulls bfaulls at omphe.com
Fri Jul 21 00:44:49 UTC 2006

Can anyone recommend a decent ADSL modem/router/firewall/wireless
access point?  I'm specifically interested in:

* 4 port switch
* 802.11g
* VPN pass through
* Ability to separate/isolate the wired and wireless networks
* Ability to set up a DMZ
* Ability to configure pinholes between the various networks
* Reasonable firewall configuration with minimal faff

Most of these features come standard on the
Belkin/Netgear/DLink/Linksys kit, but the details on isolating wired
from wireless seems sketchy. Anyone have experience with these?

The whole setup is meant to replace my current 4 machine setup which
consumes more power than Las Vegas.

I've read the old GLLUG thread on the
topic(http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2005-January/049400.html)
but this is likely out of date now.