[Gllug] VOIP Phone recommendation

Russell Howe rhowe at siksai.co.uk
Mon Jul 17 09:44:36 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 09:33:11AM +0100, Andy Farnsworth wrote:
> I have considered
> buying one of the digium x400 cards (the dev kit with 1 FXO and 1 FXS
> port) but it is twice as expensive as the SPA3000.

As well as Digium, Sangoma do FXO/FXS (and PRI E1) cards which work with
asterisk (and yate, and that other one whose name I forget...
somethingPBX).

This does not constitute a recommendation, as I've never used them, but
I thought you ought to at least be aware of their existence.

Also, the Digium X100P card (single FXO port) is just a rebranded
winmodem. Buy the winmodem for less, modify the zaptel driver to
recognise the PCI ID of the winmodem, and you've made yourself an X100P
clone!

See this page:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-pagehistory.php?page=X100P+clone

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk