[Gllug] a GLLUG official spokesperson?

Simon Morris sm at beerandspeech.org
Tue Jul 18 20:07:29 UTC 2006

On 17/07/06, Dean Wilson <dwilson at unixdaemon.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 09:01:55AM +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > it occurs to me that an "Official Spokesperson" might be a useful
> > figurehead to have.
>
> In theory this is which ever person on the GLLUG admin team is both best
> suited to the required task (knows the person, has dealing in that niche
> etc.) and actually has the time to do it. (this is the killer).
>
> In practice this is currently Simon Morris.

Well - thats a role I'm happy to take on in the event that a
spokesperson is required, but in the time I've been involved in the
GLLUG Admin team I can't think of an occassion where it's been needed.

However - it's a good prompt to say that if anyone wants to be more
active in organising the monthly meetings feel welcome to join the
GLLUG Admin list and announce your interest.

Thanks

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com