[Gllug] DVD update to suse 10.0

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 20:13:17 UTC 2006

On 12/07/06, Diana Scott <dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can anyone advise me how to update suse 9.3 to 10 using its dvd?
>
> How can I upgrade without losing my orginal settings?
>
> Please advise.

Hello Diana,

Firstly and most importantly I would back up your current data in 9.3
before attempting an upgrade (esp. on SUSE). If you need help to do
this just ask but don't trust all of your data to the upgrade routine
especially if your /home directory is on your main root partition.

Anyway - to upgrade you boot from the SUSE 10.1 DVD and one of the
first options (after keyboard layout and language options) is "New
install" or "upgrade"

Thanks

--
~sm