[Gllug] ADSL router/firewall/wireless/modem recommendations

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 30 22:59:44 UTC 2006

On Sun 30 Jul, Ken Smith wrote:

> Zyxel seem pretty good to me. Have used them where possible since '98
> and not had any problems
>
> Ken
>

> Tom Robinson wrote:
>
> > Anyone used the ZyXEL routers before? I've configured one of these and
> > it seems pretty good. Just curious to know if anyone else has had
> > good/bad experiences with them?
> >
> > t.

   I wonder how many distinct units there are. Many electronic devices
depend on a small number of chipset options, each designed to be used in a
particular way, and the chip manufacturers even provide standard reference
circuits, so the brand name on the box could be just an indication of the
build quality. The box I use is brand named Asus, but I understand that it
has a standard Thompson chipset and so could be very similar to one of the
SpeedTouch units.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk