[Gllug] Server supplier for Linux mail server

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 20:39:40 UTC 2006

On 14/07/06, Garry Heaton <garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good server manufacturer for a Linux office mail
> server? Don't have the option of self-build. OK, I know it can be done on an
> old P3 but the client wants new hardware, probably spending around £1200.

I've been quite impressed by HP Proliant servers in the past. You can
get a DL360 with 2 drive slots giving you a RAID1 72GB SCSI array,
redundant power and the Integrated Lights Out card (so you can manage
the server from the BIOS level and remotely boot it) for around the
price you are asking.

I think it really depends if you are expecting to get a backup
solution out of your £1200.

Thanks

--
~sm