[Gllug] DNS question

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sun Jul 2 21:46:57 UTC 2006

On 7/2/06, Adrian McMenamin <adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info> wrote:

> The defensive and hostile tone of so many of the postings that are on
> this list tells you a lot about Linux's inability to make much progress
> on the desktop.

So, just so I'm clear:  You ask a badly thought out question (including
faked data) about DNS, people politely point out your mistake, and this
leads you to conclude that this is the core reason why Linux is failing to
make progress on the desktop.

Or more succinctly: "I ask really vague questions, therefore Linux will
never supplant Windows as a desktop OS".

Okay, good luck with that.

Regards

Mart.