[Gllug] DNS question

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Sun Jul 2 21:36:43 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 22:28 +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:

> You need to determine exactly what you want to do. Do you want to
> associate name servers with the domain or do you want to point a record at
> a particular IP address? Given how vague you have been here it doesn't
> surprise me that your registry provider don't seem to know what you want.

Actually, I've always been clear and Ian answered my question well, for
which thanks. The data was merely posted to illustrate the point I was
making - I wasn't asking for anything other than commentary on that
point.

At this point I was going to write a lengthy defence of my behaviour,
but actually it's not worth it.

The defensive and hostile tone of so many of the postings that are on
this list tells you a lot about Linux's inability to make much progress
on the desktop.

It's water off a duck's back to me now - i think I was first abused on
this list (essentially told I shouldn't be here at all) almost four and
a half year ago. But I shudder to think what other new users would think
of some of the contributions here, so self-satisfied are they in their
superiority.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk