[Gllug] Keyboard giving up the ghost

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 24 00:10:27 UTC 2006

On Fri 23 Jun, Richard Jones wrote:

> I've got a lovely clunky, heavy IBM PS/2 keyboard, which is sadly
> giving up the ghost after I poured grapefruit juice into it the other
> day.
>
> Does anyone know a source for proper keyboards any more?  All I can
> find now are the super-cheap plastic USB crap that passes for an input
> device these days.
>
> Rich.

   I assume you have tried washing it in warm water with a little washing-up
liquid, rinsing it with clean water, then leaving it in the sun to dry. I
have seen rather larger, more expensive, keyboards get this treatment. Voted
worst so far is Coke, which includes lots of sugar plus the same acid as
rust remover. My home TV has staggered on for another 20 years after I
washed the dust and general grime off, then hosed it down and left it in the
garden to dry.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk