[Gllug] Default messages perm

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Jun 5 19:22:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006, Yashpal Nagar stipulated:
[logfiles]
> I need it world readable thats what i am looking for so that a
> monitoring program can read it e.g sitescope etc

That *is* one situation in which I'd say `put your monitoring program in
a group that owns the logfiles, or use ACLs', but perhaps that isn't
doable.

(I prefer world-readable logfiles in situations in which *widely-varying
sets of people and/or processes* might legitimately want to read them.
Doing it for one process seems overkill.)

--
`Voting for any American political party is fundamentally
 incomprehensible.' --- Vadik
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk