[Gllug] What happened to make my server run all those processes?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Jun 5 19:07:43 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 05:58:19PM +0100, John wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 18:50 +0200, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > John Winters wrote:
> > > Anyone ever experienced anything like this before?  Is there a process
> > > failure which would cause other processes to keep replicating?
> >
> > Not enough information.  What were these processes?
>
> As I said, I'm afraid I don't have that information.  It may be that I
> will never be able to track down the explanation - I was just wondering
> if anyone else had seen anything like it.

Is there nothing in the logs?  No messages to indicate processes being
started, etc?  Some distros have particularly crap syslog
configurations, mind you, requiring much tweaking before you have
anything useful.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill