[Gllug] Web Development

Dani Pardo jiffier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 18:49:56 UTC 2006

On 6/9/06, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bricolage is a kick ass CMS, but it's Perl rather than Java, but will
> deliver what you're looking for, and as a bonus, learning Perl would
> give you better Developers with more tools to work with ;)

 At work we use Metadot, that´s also based on Perl. The general idea
is very good, and its simple to use and very configurable. The
drawback is that the code is quite poorly-written.
 I think that there´s a problem in the OpenSource CMS world right now,
because there are a trillion different cms´s, and none of them is good
enough (whatever that may mean), and none of them is much different
from the others. No?
  I'd also like to find a good one Java-based, but found none yet. :(
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk