[Gllug] Bill Gates To Leave Microsoft

ben fitzgerald ben at bfitzgerald.co.uk
Sun Jun 18 21:41:13 UTC 2006

On Jun 18, 2006 01:04 PM, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, ben fitzgerald stated:
> > On Jun 16, 2006 11:15 AM, Casper Gasper <casper.gasper at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Just read this funny article by Joel Spolsky on meeting Bill Gates:
> >>
> >> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/06/16.html
> >
> > interesting (and funny too!). thanks.
>
> But that management style, *owww*. They needed those stock options or
> nobody would have wanted to work for them.

the rest was interesting - that was the bit that I found amusing. :-)

To be fair I don't think the author gave enough information to convey if
Mr Gates was daemonic or just someone who swore a lot without anyone
getting too stressed over it.

I'm sure there are worse out there! Many managers are horrible +and+
drive a department into the ground.

Ben.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk