[Gllug] Connection details?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sat Jun 24 09:20:40 UTC 2006

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Chris Bell wrote:

>    Can anyone please point me towards technical details for AOL ADSL
> connection? I understand it may actually be a variety of ADSL2. Thanks.

I don't believe AOL are using ADSL2.

They may have an LLU programme however it will only be on a small number
of exchanges so most of their connections are probably still IPStream or
DataStream based.

It's most likely that it's a mix of the above.

Why do you want to know? It's irrelevant from your perspective unless it's
ADSL2 in which case you would need a suitable router to get maximum
speeds.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk