[Gllug] 5.1 Sound Issue

Ben Whyte ben at whyte-systems.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 20:41:41 UTC 2006

Hi

I have hit a problem and I am not sure how to proceed.

I have just bought my self a nice set of surround 5.1 speakers.  With 3
seperate audio leads.

Now under linux I appear to only be getting audio out from one of the
three sockets on the onboard sound card.  Is it possible to configure it
like i think the windows drivers do, so that the 3 sockets all provide
audio outputs ?

I have an Abit IG-80 motherboard with an onboard realtek audio.

alsa clains its a alc658d using intel ich6 card.

Any help or pointers greatfully accepted

thanks

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk