[Gllug] Re: scripting OpenOffice Impress

Craig Millar gllug at craigmillar.org
Mon Jun 26 17:15:55 UTC 2006

On 26/06/06 17:58 +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> I've just spent a fun couple of days generating ODT[1] files from a
> program.  Basically I dismantled some existing ODT files -- they're
> just ZIP files - you can unzip and look at the content.xml file
> inside.  Then tried to create interesting files of my own.

Thanks for all replies so far. Anyways, I did consider the above but
initially thought it might be better achieved using pyuno [1]
but I can't seem to find out how to do what I need to do, i.e. placement and
resizing of images and image ratios etc. It appears I may not have any option
other than to go this route after all.

> OOo is very unforgiving about errors - it mostly ignores them which
> means you need to spend hours looking at the XML to work out exactly
> what you forgot to do this time.

Sounds like fun! ;-)

Thanks, Craig

[1] http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html