[Gllug] Munin charts for out-of-control system

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Jun 5 19:34:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006, John Winters yowled:
> Apologies for the lack of diagnostic information for my server, but I
> thought that the general public might appreciate seeing the munin
> graphs.  They're classics of their type, especially "Number of
> processes" and "Load average".

>From the time it started, I'd say a cron job running at 22:00 tripped
this somehow.

The mail queue is I think innocuous: exim just refused to do anything
with incoming mail while the load average was so insane, so when the
system came back its upstream peers had a huge wodge of mail to
offer it.

--
`Voting for any American political party is fundamentally
 incomprehensible.' --- Vadik
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk